The changes made to date to the MF Protocol, based on comments and conversations, are summarized below.
- Now called Large Multifamily, instead of Multifamily Large Commercial
- Section 2.0: Introduction - Described categories surrounding data availability and tenant privacy laws
- Section 2.1: Building asset data - Added specific note regarding definition of gross floor area
- Section 2.3: Optional, Retrofit Isolation Baseline - Addresses development of owner-paid utility baseline (isolates baseline so does not include tenant spaces, if ECMs only apply to owner-paid utilities)
- Section 4.0: Introduction - Describes split incentives, and development of savings estimates split between owner-paid utilities and tenant-paid utilities (those that accrue to the building owner, and those that accrue to the tenants, so that appropriate savings recovery efforts can be developed)
- Section 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3: Operational performance verification plan - Added as a specific pre-construction element, procedure and document