The hour and a half discussion presented a general overview of the ICP protocols, and some of the key differences between multifamily and other commercial energy efficiency projects. The panelists discussed:
- Challenges facing multifamily projects, including how to address split incentives and tenant privacy laws
- What PACE is, and how it works for multifamily
- The importance of tenant and facility manager buy-in, and how to affect it to improve results
- Successful and unsuccessful multifamily projects, and why these succeeded or failed
- How ICP protocols can be integrated into multifamily projects, to bridge the gap between project development and financing, and help get more projects green-lighted.