These new releases incorporate additional feedback from the marketplace obtained through the participation of various industry stakeholder members of the ICP Technical Forum and Ally Network. The newest versions of the protocols reflect ICP’s goal of continually strengthening the protocols based on input from industry experts in the field.
These updated versions' improvements include :
- Clarification to specific baseline, including baseline operational and performance data requirements
- Addition of a retrofit-isolation baseline to the Standard Commercial protocol
- Clarification to specific savings calculation, including investment criteria, the use of inflation values, and equipment useful life expectancy
- Replacement of the Design, Construction and Commissioning section with an operational performance verification approach
- Addition of training requirements to the Operations, Maintenance and Monitoring section, as well as the requirement of a plan for remediation of issues
- Requirement of a measurement and verification plan
The ICP Team continues to rollout a complete suite of offerings. Upcoming deliverables on our development schedule are the first Multifamily Energy Performance Protocol, a Quality Assurance Specification, and introduction of ICP Designations.
The Investor Confidence Project thanks all of its contributors and supporters that make continued development of our protocols possible. We welcome any additional feedback that the industry can provide via the Technical Development Forums of our website. Lastly, the Investor Confidence Project seeks your help in achieving critical mass and encourages organizations who support industry standardization to sign up for membership in our no-cost Ally Network.